Is Wealth a Sign of God’s Blessing? Feb 8, 2016 20:04:13 GMT -5
Post by Berean on Feb 8, 2016 20:04:13 GMT -5
Is Wealth a Sign of God’s Blessing?
February 8, 2016
Wealth isn’t a sign of God’s blessing on your life, unless of course, your name is Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Joseph, Esther, David, and Solomon. Oh, maybe wealth isn’t a sign of blessing, unless of course, it is!
Wealth vs. Blessing
The Bible warns us about seeking wealth, but encourages us to pursue blessing. Blessings come in many forms, and various manifestations; but they always include peace and joy.
Weaseling your way to wealth, or haggling your way to happiness, is a bad plan.
Prospering at the expense of someone else is suspect.
You can’t take care of #1, insulate yourself from the poor, and call that God’s blessings on your life. On the other hand, you will always have the poor with you, so you will never solve poverty by throwing money at it.
8 Differences Between Rich and Wealthy People
I have found 8 differences between rich people and wealthy people:
1. Rich people get their identity from the things they own: their houses, cars, yachts, money, etc. Wealthy people’s identity comes from who they are, not what they own.
2. Rich people either spend a lot of time trying to not loose their money or waste it on themselves. Wealthy people’s money is just an expression of who they are, so they are confident in their wellbeing.
3. Rich people work for money. Wealthy people’s money works for them.
4. Rich people think of their assets, while wealthy people dream of their legacy.
5. Rich people give to people. Wealthy people invest in people, with an expectation of return on investment, measured by a predetermined outcome. Examples: A changed life, transformed neighborhood, a business profit.
6. Rich people think their money protects them; they have a sense of being above the law. Solomon put it like this: A rich man’s wealth is his strong city, and like a high wall in his own imagination. Wealthy people are inherently humble because they are thankful, knowing that the source of their provision is the Lord. (Proverbs 18:11)
7. Rich people have a vision for the things they can buy. Wealthy people have a vision for the legacy they are leaving.
8. Most rich people’s money was given to them; they received an inheritance, won a lottery or a lawsuit, got lucky in the stock market etc. Therefore they don’t know how to reproduce it – how to make more. This creates a lot of insecurity in their souls.
Wealthy people have wisdom and power to create wealth, therefore they live with confidence and aren’t afraid of the future.
Are there other differences between the rich and wealthy? Tell me about them in the comments below.