Bloomin Onion Chips Aug 24, 2017 20:17:03 GMT -5
Post by Shoshanna on Aug 24, 2017 20:17:03 GMT -5
Bloomin Onion Chips
COOK TIME10 minutes
1 cup of Milk
2 cups of Flour
2 tsp of Ground Cumin
2 tsp of Seasoned Salt
1 Tbsp of Paprika
2 tsp of Italian Seasoning
Black Pepper to taste
1 Vidalia Onion
Vegetable Oil for frying
For the Sauce
1/3 cup of Mayo
1 Tbsp of Ketchup
1 Tbsp of Prepared Horseradish
1 tsp of Paprika
1/4 tsp of Ground Oregano
Small Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1) Fill a large heavy duty pan halfway up with some vegetable oil and allow it come to 350 degrees.
2) In a shallow bowl, mix together the milk and eggs and then in a separate shallow bowl, mix together the flour and all the seasoning.
3) Cut your onion into about ½” half moon slices, peel them apart, then dip them in the wet mixture, followed by the dry mixture then back into the wet and finish them off in the dry one last time.
4) Fry the chips in the hot oil until deeply golden brown and crispy but fry them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
5) Lay the chips on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
6) To make the sauce, stir all of the ingredients together and preferably allow it sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes before serving.
NOTE: Do not panic if it looks like a messy job, remember this, the uglier they look before you fry them, the crispier they will be! This is one case where a mess turns into an incredible treat I promise! Oh and make extra sauce to serve on any sandwich your heart desires because it’s amazing!!