4 Reasons Being Modest Is The Hottest Dec 5, 2013 16:37:40 GMT -5
Post by PurplePuppy on Dec 5, 2013 16:37:40 GMT -5
4 Reasons Being Modest Is The Hottest
December 4, 2013
I’m sure some of these attributes can be appointed to men as well, but in reality this post is for the ladies.
Here are 4 reasons being modest is the hottest:
1. It shows others you have respect for yourself.
- You wouldn’t let your future child walk outside half-naked would you? So, why would you allow yourself to do it? When it comes to being modest in the way you dress, I promise you that less skin will gain you more respect. Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware of things like backless dresses and slouchy sweaters, but you know those are not what I’m referring to. Try and stay away from extremely tight and formfitting attire. Here’s a tip: If you have to make a justification as to why it ok to wear, it’s probably not a good idea to wear in the first place. Any girl worth dating is one who respects herself from the top down and inside out.
2. It shows you value a yearning for purity.
- Men are visual creatures! And although that’s not always the case, you need to understand that what you show or don’t show can sometimes be the line between staying pure, and crossing the line. I’m not saying it’s anyone’s fault, but I am saying it’s easier to stay pure when either both parties aren’t giving each other something to fascinate about. That goes for the guys as well. Not only will dressing modestly allow you to look at yourself differently, but it will force you to highlight other aspects of yourself rather than your curves. Show your smile, bat those eyes, and start learning how to do that hair flip that can stop a guy dead in his tracks. Don’t give something away in a revealing dress that was meant to be saved for your wedding day.
3. It will attract guys who are interested in more than just your looks.
- Sick of attracting the wrong guys? Well, I’d first recommend you look at the way you may be presenting yourself. Frankly, you might be dressing just fine. But for some of you this isn’t going to be the case. If you are looking for someone to respect you, honor you, and treat your with the purest of motives, I suggest dressing in a modest fashion that will compliment what you are looking for in someone.
4. It shows you are different.
- Anyone can buy skimpy clothes and show some skin. The real world changers are the ones who realize they don’t need to dress the way culture tells them to. Don’t fall into the lie that you need to show something in order to get someone. Seek to be a Proverbs 31 woman, not a Victoria’s Secret Angel. Be different and show the world you are better than their standard of beauty. I’m saying things like bikini’s are necessarily wrong, but I am saying I would encourage you to re-think the reason you wear one, what it reveals, and how much are you wanting to expose. You were made for more than what the world wants you to be.
Modesty is what attracted me to my wife Juli. I didn’t have to see her in a revealing dress or bathing-suit to know she was beautiful. I could tell by the way she respected herself and her body that she was worth pursuing. Not to mention her heart for God is something I can’t explain in words.
- Jarrid Wilson