10 Signs You Might be in a Cult Nov 20, 2015 14:13:09 GMT -5
Post by schwartzie on Nov 20, 2015 14:13:09 GMT -5
You might have joined up with and part of a worldly religious cult if:
1. The denomination you attend claims they are the only way to salvation and IF you follow their specific steps you can be saved with basically their permission. Also if they are claiming infallibility to their teachings, HUGE cult alert!
2. A pastor claims they converted you to the gospel, it was that day for example they called you up to the altar, that is how you were saved.
3. A church claims by a religious ceremony or ritual or vain prayer you were saved.
4. There is a disgust either open or secret for those who are not in your "church" or question your church's doctrines
5. Your end point in your faith is not Scripture or the personal teaching of Scripture to you by the Holy Spirit, but what others have TOLD you to believe. You read the Bible but only with the premise of what you were told to believe and Scripture must line up with that teaching.
6. You feel if you ever left a church that your family, friends, would alienate you, chastise you, belittle you, mind you that you still profess love for Jesus Christ, His word, and the desire to grow and mature.
7. The church seems to be questioned constantly for its doctrines of which you feel the need to defend them. Again, not defending Scripture, but the teaching which is not lining up with Scripture.
8. You are fearful of IF you left this church, where would you go? What other club like this could you join. Note: You were indoctrinated to believe that the church is an earthly worldly club, or a building structure.
9. You are not open at all to hearing any dissent of what your church teaches as this again leads to that fear of where you would go if this is truth being told to you.
10. You find yourself attacking others all day who disagree with your church, calling them heathens or heretics, claiming they are going to hell, that they are guided by Satan, etc. You do this to protect yourself from the truth but deep down you know you may have been deceived all along by your church.